DARMASISWA is a scholarship program offered to all foreign students from countries which have diplomatic relationship with Indonesia to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language), arts, music and crafts, dance, culture, culinary, tourism, traditional herbal medicine, economy, accounting, finance, biology, civil engineering, etc. Participants can choose one of 58 different universities located in different cities in Indonesia. This program is organized by the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia.
The main purpose of the DARMASISWA program is to promote and increase the interest in the language and culture of Indonesia among the youth of other countries. It has also been designed to provide stronger cultural links and understanding among participating countries.
The DARMASISWA program is essentially a “non-degree” program of one year or less. The participants are prohibited from engaging in any political and or/business activities which may result in destabilizing governmental programs or lead to personal profit/gain.
The Government of the Republic of Indonesia is offering 3 (THREE) types of “Darmasiswa” scholarship program for academic year 2012/2013 as follows:
1. Regular – 1 (one) year Darmasiswa RI scholarship program. Is a one-year scholarship program to study Indonesian language, traditional music, traditional dance and handicraft, culinary, Indonesian Traditional Herbal Medicine, Photography, Economy, Accounting, Civil Engineering, etc. Period of study: August 2012 until July 2013.
2. Regular – 6 (six) month-Short course Darmasiswa RI scholarship program. Is a six-month scholarship program to study Indonesian language, Indonesian culture and arts, culinary, fine art, handicraft, batik art, traditional dance, Indonesian herbal medicine, entrepreneurship and social responsibility, business management program, international financial accounting program, etc. Period of study: August 2012 until January 2013.
3. Regular – 3 (three) months - Summer Course Program, to study Indonesian language, culture, Indonesian politics pharmacy, ethnomusicology, architecture, tropical ecology, etc. Period of study : June 2012 until August 2012 only in certain universities/Colleges (see the list of universities/colleges)
I. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
1. The Rights of the Participants:
a. Exemption of the tuition fees
b. Receive allowance from the Ministry of National Education of Rp. 2000.000,00 (two million Indonesian Rupee) [approximately USD 222/month]
c. Participants will be picked up by Program Committee upon arrival at the airport
d. Participants will be assisted by the related institution of higher education to find accommodation during the program
2. Participants obligations:
a. Willing to help universities/institution of higher education or school in the vicinity to teach foreign language and each other academic activities.
b. Follow the course program until completion
c. The participants has to sign two statements of declaration, the first one containing obligations of the participant provided by the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate Office where the participant resides before his/her departure to Indonesia, and the second will be given by the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia upon arrival in Indonesia. The declaration consists of the following statements:
* Will follow the rules that apply in the related education institution where the program will be conducted.
* Will not propose any changes to the program study or location of study before or after arriving in Indonesia.
* Will not take part in any political activities during the program or work during the stay in Indonesia.
* Will not involved in any drug abuse activities.
* Will not be taking more than 1 (one) trip abroad during the program period.
* Will not bring any family members during the study period in Indonesia
* Willing to be sent home if the participant violates the statements above and/or residence permit regulations
1. Fill out application form
2. Completed secondary education or its equivalent
3. Copy of academic transcript and its translation (in English)
4. Good health as proved by Medical Certificate (with its translation in English)
5. Not more than 35 years old
6. Full-page copy of passport valid for at least 18 months from time of arrival in Indonesia
7. Passport size color photograph ( 5 pieces)
8. Able to communicate in English and have a basic knowledge of the field they’re applying for
III. PROCEDURES TO APPLY
1. Filling out the application form available at the Indonesian Embassy of at the University where the applicants are studying or can be asked through Email :email@example.com
2. The application form together with all documents stated in point II (requirements) should be submitted to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Kyiv to the following address:
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
Ul. Otto Schmidta, 8, Kyiv – 03115 – Ukraine
Contact person for Information:
Mr. Prabowo Himawan
Tel. (044) 2065446, 2065447
3. The application form should be submitted to the Indonesian Embassy in Kyiv, not later than 15 February 2012.
1. The Ministry of National Education will not provide any accommodation to participants.
2. Participants will receive a monthly allowance of Rp. 2000.000,00 (two million Indonesian rupee/ approximately USD 222,00), the amount is projected insufficient to cover expenses and the participant is advised to bring additional money in US dollars for unexpected additional expenses in Indonesia.
3. The Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Indonesia will not bear any expenses of participants from countries of origin to Indonesia. However, the Ministry will cover the participant expenses from Jakarta to other locations of study in Indonesia, but not the expenses of travelling from other locations to Jakarta, which will be covered by each participant.
4. The Ministry of national Education will not provide health insurance; therefore the participants are expected to have international insurance.
V. PROGRAM SCHEDULE
1. Application documents shall be submitted to the Indonesian Embassy in Kyiv not later than February 15, 2012.
2. Administrative selection will be conducted by the Embassy in the end of February 2012.
3. Selection by official team consisting of the Ministry of National Education, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Hosts universities /institutional educations will be conducted in March 2012.
4. The result of selection will be announced in the end of April 2012.
5. Confirmation of participant’s agreement is in the end of May 2012.
6. The arrival of the participants shall be in the beginning of August 2012.
7. Orientation program shall be conducted in the beginning of August 2012.
8. For the Regular 1 (one) year program, classes will be conducted from August 2012 until July 2013.
9. For the Regular 6 (six) months program, classes will be conducted from August 2012 until January 2013.
10. For the Summer Course 3 (three) months, classes will be conducted from June 2012 until August 2012.
11. For the University of Indonesia, classes will be conducted in the beginning of July 2012.
For more information:
Tel. (044) 206-5446, 206-5447, 206-5448