Limited Stay Visa
The Limited Stay Visa is a single entry visa for a visit that is related to work and to other purposes such as investment, research, family unification, performance, sport, social activities, retired/senior citizen, etc. The Limited Stay Visa will be granted upon authorization from the the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia.
To initiate and to expedite the process of the Authorization, it is advisable that the sponsor/individual/organization in Indonesia submit the request for the applicant's authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The holder of the Limited Stay Visa is able to extend the visa and to obtain the temporary permit (KIMS/KITAS) once he/she arrives in Indonesia. The single/multiple exit and re-entry permit are able to obtain from the Immigration if the holder of the Limited Stay Visa is planning to exit and re-enter Indonesia within the period of valid stay permit.
The Visa processing completed in four working days, starting the date when the visa application dropped off directly (by hand) at the Visa Counter, Consulate general of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston. However, it takes five working days or longer when the visa application obtained by mail/package, starting the date when we received the visa application.
Please be advised that Indonesian Visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the Date of Issuance.
General requirements for LIMITED STAY Visa :
- Before you send all your documents, please remember that the Consulate general of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston should first received the Notification/Authorization from the Directorate General of Immigration in Jakarta, Indonesia. Make sure that Notification (Pemberitahuan) of the Authorization should be stated :
a.Perwakilan R.I. di : KJRI HOUSTON
b.Jenis Visa : VISA TINGGAL TERBATAS
c.Tanggal : (date of approval of the Authorization)
- Application form (in duplicate) must be completed and signed by the applicant. The application form could be downloaded from the Consulate website
- Original passport contains at least two blank visa page. Amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. No passport, no visa.
- Validity/Expiration date of the passport must be at least 6 months for single entry visa and 18 months for multiple entry visa at the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Two recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality papers with clear background.
- Copy of ID or Driver License.
- Copy of Bank statement in the amount of of US$ 2000,00 (two thousand dollars) or more.
- Inoculation is recommended but not mandatory, and is required only if applicant had previously traveled to areas/ countries infected by yellow fever.
- Applicants under 18 years of age should attach a notarized copy of birth certificate. Notarized letter of consent signed by non-traveling parents/guardian must be attached if the applicant under 18 years of age travels without the parents.
- Copy of return ticket or itinerary to and from Indonesia.
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully
The Indonesian Representative (Embassy & Consulate Generals) hold the right to deny any applicant that deemed ineligible without disclosing the reason.
- Visa application by mail should enclosed a self-stamped/pre-paid return envelope by Express Mail or FedEx or UPS (air mail not ground). The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston will not process a visa application by mail unless there is an enclosed a self-stamped/pre-paid return envelope. The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston is not responsible for any applications or passports that are lost in transit
- Amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page. Please be advised that Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport. This would delay your application processing.
- Send the application/documents to :
Consular Division (Visa),
Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston
10900 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77042.
- Visa Fee may be paid only by, Money Order or Company Check, payable to Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston. Personal Check would not be accepted.
- Fees for Limited Stay Visa are as follows :
Up to 6 (six) months: US$ 55.00
Up to 1 (one) year: US$ 105.00
Up to 2 (two) years: US$ 180.00