Journalist and Film Visas
Applicants should write a formal letter to the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Houston and providing all details about the coverage and intention a visit to Indonesia. The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia in Houston may assist the applicant with proper clearance and authorization from related agencies including immigration in Indonesia. Please verify this matter to the Office regarding the necessary document that need to be required for further assistance.
Please verify this matter to the Consulate General regarding the necessary document that need to be required for further assistance. The Consulate Generals would not be able to process journalist visa without an official notification or a formal approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia. Visa Fee may be paid by Money Order from US Postal Service or Company Check payable to Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia. Cash and Personal Check would not be accepted. Non-US Citizen applicants who hold certain US Visa may not be processed at the Consulate Generals (read the requirements).
General requirements for JOURNALIST Visa :
- Application form (in duplicate) must be completed and signed by the applicant. The application form could be downloaded from the Consulate website.
- Original passport contains at least two blank visa page. Amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. No passport, no visa.
- Validity/Expiration date of the passport must be at least 6 months for single entry visa and 18 months for multiple entry visa at the date of entry into Indonesia.
- Four recent color photographs (passport size) on picture-quality papers with clear background.
- Copy of ID or Driver License
- Inoculation is recommended but not mandatory, and is required only if applicant had previously traveled to areas/countries infected by yellow fever.
- Copy of return ticket or itinerary to and from Indonesia.
- Letter from the Chief of Editor/Film Company for Film/Video Shooting Permit.
- Complete attachment of :
- List of crew with complete personal data
- List of filming equipment
- Shooting schedule and location
Signing the statement to comply with the laws and regulations of the Government of Indonesia.
For Visa application by mail, please read carefully :
- Before you mail the application, please remember that the application must be send along with the applicant's passport. The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston would attach the visa (sticker) in the passport. No passport, no visa.
- Visa application by mail should enclose a self-stamped and addressed envelope for Express Mail only. The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston will not process a visa application by mail unless there is an enclosed a self-stamped return envelope. The Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston is not responsible for any applications or passports that are lost in transit.
- Amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa purposes. Check your passport for a blank visa page. Please be advised that Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston will return your application and passport if we found there are no blank visa pages on the passport. This would delay your application processing.
Visa Fee may be paid only by Money Order or Company Check, payable to Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston. Personal Check would not be accepted.
The Applicant should directly contact to :
Information and Cultural Division,
Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, Houston
10900 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77042
Phone : 1 (713) 785 1691 ext. 109 and 106.
Fax : 1 (713) 780 9644
After Arriving in Indonesia, the Applicants should report to :
For media ( to get the temporary press ID card )
The Directorate of Information and media
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia
Gedung Kementerian Luar Negeri
Jl. Taman Pejambon Nomor. 6, Jakarta Pusat 10110
Fax : (6221) 3857316
Phone : (6221) 3813453
for film & video shooting permit (to get temporary shooting permit)
The Directorate of Film
Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia
Gedung Sapta Pesona, Kementerian Kebudayaan dan Pariwisata
Jl Medan Merdeka Barat Nomor 7, Jakarta 10110
Fax : (6221) 7990230
Phone : (6221) 7993629
The Indonesian Representative (Embassy & Consulate Generals) hold the right to deny any applicant that deemed ineligible without disclosing the reason.