- This visa is issued by the Indonesian Embassy to applicants who are going to Indonesia for a social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organizations; exchange visits between educational institutions; undertaking research and attending training programme in Indonesia.
- Type of entry : Single Entry
Maximum length of stay is 60 days.
Extensions can be applied for and obtained in Indonesia from the Immigration Authorities.
- Approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia is needed for applicants who wish to stay longer than 60 days which must be applied for by the applicant’s sponsor/relative/friends who reside/base in Indonesia. Visa will only be issued by the Embassy after receiving the authorization direct from the Immigration office in Indonesia.
- A person granted a student, research or training visa is not permitted to take up employment, and may not remain in Indonesia for any purpose other than that for which the visa was granted.
- Multiple entries need special permit from the Immigration Office in Indonesia.
- Validity of visa will be three months from the date of issue.
- Visa is issued within one to two working days from receipt of application provided all documents are in order.
Required documents which should be submitted are as follow :
- Passport (with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia).
- One completed visa application form.
- Two coloured passport size photograph.
- A Letter from Embassy in Egypt except Egyptian, Britain and American.
- Evidence that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover the cost of applicant's intended stay in Indonesia (Bank Statement dated less than a month with a minimum balance of US$1,000.- or traveler's cheque).
- Evidence of obligation in the applicant’s country of permanent residence (e.g. a letter from employer/ college/ school, certifying the applicant’s intention to return after the visit to Indonesia).
- Written approval from the Immigration Office in Indonesia should the duration of visit is to exceed 60 days.
Together with :
For visiting relatives/friends/social organizations
A letter of invitation from the applicant’s family/relatives/ friends/social organizations in Indonesia, and copy of their passport (main details only) or ID (KTP).
Evidence of sufficient funds or a third party letter guaranteeing to support the applicant financially during his/her stay, together with documentary evidence of ability to do so.
A letter of registration from the institution/college/school in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.
Evidence that all the necessary fees have been paid in advance. If the applicant is on a scholarship/award programme, a statement/letter of confirmation from the sponsor(s)/awardees is required.
Fee (only payable at Indonesian Embassy) for up to 60 days maximum period of stay is US$ 45.00.-, which is non-refundable under any circumstances.
Fees for visa applications that need to be referred for approval/ authorization will depend on the length of stay granted by the Immigration Office in Indonesia.