Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia annually offers
the Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship for the period of May to August 2017.
2017, the program took the theme of "Embracing Divercity, Harnessing
Harmony" and will consists on the Indonesian arts and culture courses in
different cities in Indonesia and the organizing of Indonesian Channel.
This non-degree arts and culture scholarship is offered for three months period of time, starting on 6 May to 19 August 2017.
- End of January
- End of February
- 6-7 May 2017
- 8-12 May 2017
: Announcement of awardees
: Arrival of awardees in Jakarta
: Orientation program
scholarship is offered to participants from many countries, including
Belgium. In the period of 2003 to 2016, the scholarship has been
awarded to 718 alumni from 63 countries.
1 (one) week of orientation/introduction of the program in Jakarta,
awardees will be divided and assigned by the organising committee to
different arts centers for the duration of approximately 3 (three)
months. The arts centers are located in 4 (four) cities, namely:
Denpasar (Bali); Makassar (South Sulawesi); Surabaya, (East Java) and
Padang (West Sumatera). Decision of the designated arts center is subject to the discretion of the organizing committee.
arts centre will also arrange special visit to several historical
places as well as renowned tourist destinations for awardees.
to their residency at arts centres, awardees should participate in one
week orientation in Jakarta and will learn issues such as the Aim and
Objectives of the Scholarship; Introduction to Indonesian Culture;
Indonesian contemporary arts and cultures, Information about the
activities and curriculum offered by the art centers, etc.
the end of the course, all awardees will perform in cultural night
titled "Indonesia Channel" to remark the closing of the scholarship
program. The "Indonesia Channel" is scheduled to be held on 15 August
2017. Awardees will return to their respective countries on the
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities);
- A round trip economy class ticket;
- Accommodation (board and lodging);
- Local transportation during program;
- Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
- Monthly allowance of Rp. 1.500.000,-.
Terms and Conditions
1. Candidates should be a single,between the ages of 21 to 30 years-old with at least a high school diploma;
Candidates should possess high interest and talent in arts. Arts
students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are
encouraged to apply;
3. Bearing in
mind the intensity of the program, candidates are highly advised to
ensure prime physical conditions, particularly for female candidates to
ensure that they do not conceive prior and during the program;
4. Participants must arrive in Indonesia a day before the Orientation Program.
5. Participants must follow the whole program, including orientation program and Indonesia Channel.
6. Candidates must complete the application form and submit it along with the followings:
- A Motivation Letter;
- 3 (three) passport-sized photographs;
- A photo-copy of passport with validity period at least two years;
- A photo-copy of academic diploma;
photo-copy of the latest valid health certification from a qualified
medical practitioner. On the day of leaving the origin country,
participants should equipped themselves with a valid health
certification from a qualified medical practitioner;
- A letter of recommendation;
7. Candidates must submit a personal signed statement declaring the following:
- The willingness to be subject to Indonesian laws and regulations during his/her stay in Indonesia;
- the willingness to follow all the rules and regulations set up by the organizing committee and art centers;
willingness to accept the facilities provided by the organizing
committee and arts centers and stay at the designated accommodations;
- not to work or be employed for financial benefits during the program;
- the willingness to follow the travel arrangements arranged by the organizing committee;
willingness to participate in all the program arranged by the
organising committee and art centers, unless, during the program,
declared unfit by a qualified medical practitioner;
- the willingness to leave Indonesia after the closing ceremony, at a date determined by the organizing committee.
willingness to pay penalty and to finance my own travel expenses,
should I withdraw my participation during the course of the program.
programme will include Indonesian language lesson. A prior basic
mastery in Bahasa Indonesia will be an advantage for candidates,
meanwhile a good command of English is compulsory.
For applicants, the application form must be sent to:
Information and Socio-Cultural Section
The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Brussels
Boulevard de la Woluwe 38, 1200 Brussel
Tel. 02-7750120 or by email to : email@example.com
The applications should be received by the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Brussels before 31 January 2017. For more information on eligibility and how to apply for the scholarship please visit
BSBI 2017 - Application Form
BSBI 2017 - Personal Statement