A Journalist Visa is a visa issued to foreign citizens who intend to visit Indonesia for journalist activities, media coverage, or commercial/non-commercial filming/video shooting activities.
Press visits or film/video/photo shooting in Indonesia may be carried out after an approval from the authorities concerned has been obtained.
PROCEDURES TO OBTAIN JOURNALIST PERMIT & VISA:
- Contact the Information Section of the Indonesian Embassy to inform of the intended visit through e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that our Embassy is accredited to Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Therefore we only process Journalist Permit for citizens of Switzerland or Liechtenstein. We also process Journalist Permit for other foreigners who hold valid Swiss or Liechtenstein residency or cross border permit).
- Submit checklist items (in separate pages with company header) from one of the following depending on your purpose of visit:
- For News Coverage
- For Foreign Correspondent
- For Filmmaker
Each application is subject to administrative examination by an Evaluation Team and the result of such examination shall determine whether or not approval to be granted. The Evaluation Team consists of representatives from respected authorities, i.e. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Law and Human Rights Affairs, Ministry of Tourism, and other related institutions. After the permit has been issued, the Immigration Office will examine which kind of visa will be issued depending on the purpose and duration of visit. Once the visa approval has been sent to the Embassy, we will inform you to send the original passport to the Embassy along with other required documents for visa application.
Please note the process to obtain a Journalist Visa may take up to 8 weeks.
After the visa is issued, we will advise you to come to the Embassy to collect the visa and the letter of notification.
PROCESS IN INDONESIA
- For film and video shooting ONLY, once you arrive in Indonesia please collect the film or video shooting permit/Surat Ijin Produksi (SIP), at the Investment Coordinating Board of the Republic of Indonesia/ Badan Koordinasi Penanaman Modal Indonesia (BKPM):
Pelayanan Terpadu Satu Pintu (PTSP) BKPM
Jl. Jenderal Gatot Subroto no. 44
Tel. 0807 100 2576 (hunting)
Fax. +62 3441481
(go to one stop services)
The issuance of SIP is without charge.
- We advise you to engage with a local partner or fixer in Indonesia to assist with your project and permit paperwork.
- Please note that, in certain areas/districts, you may be required to involve local crew as a supporting team appointed by the Directorate of Film of the Ministry of Tourism.
For further information, kindly contact the Information Section of the Embassy of Indonesia in Bern, as follows:
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia